Monday, April 8, 2013

Tofu Cafe, Beds & Bikes, Beach Street Penang

 
 
Tofu Cafe, Beds & Bikes
is a cyclist-friendly cafe+guest house in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown, Penang.
They can be easily distinguish by their pod-style air-conditioned dormitory rooms.
Knowing that tofu provides light meals as well, I went to scout out this place.

Spotted tofu from afar with it's sharp red tofu logo on the corner wall
turning into Beach Street/ Lebuh Pantai from Jalan Lim Chwee Leong.


Bicycles everywhere


Looking at the menu, which doesn't seem to have much selection, I'm in dilemma..
All of them look appealing to me
While I was still struggling with my choices, J ordered beetroot & hard boiled egg.
Sure or not ('O')??
Which she turns out to regret later. :p
 
You can refer to tofu's facebook page for their food menu
 

 
 
Tofu is relatively less crowded compare to other cafes
Love the serene atmosphere

 
 There's photos & artworks exhibited on the walls


 
  
Plenty of reading materials & interesting pictures on each tables to marvel at
while waiting for our order
 


waiting waiting.....


 
I can smell the zucchini ham benggali toast even before reaching my table.
It is THAT good! Here it is..


Zucchini ham benggali toast with poach egg RM12.90
 
This picture doesn't do it justice because I'm too occupied with eating. Yummm~
The benggali roti is crunchy outside & fluffy inside, with rich filling of zuchini, tomato & bacon
I think i tasted mozarella too.
With the egg adding moisture to it, I was blown away


 
Beetroot & hard boiled egg RM10.90
 
Neither me nor J (trying beetroot for the 1st time) like beetroot because of it's earthy taste.
Even though the egg and seasoning has conceal most of it's taste, we still find it hard to enjoy
I think it's a taste most people are less accustomed to.



Adding tofu to my list of favourite cafes
 
Love this building across the road from Tofu...
 
 
 
Tofu
484 Lebuh Pantai, Georgetown, 10300 Georgetown, Penang 

11am - 5pm (Monday, Thursday and Friday)
11am - 6pm (Saturday and Sunday)

Contact Number: 6016-4150757

No comments:

Post a Comment