Monday, January 21, 2013

Penang Bridge Marathon 2012

Wanted to write about the Penang Bridge Marathon 2012
(my first marathon experience)  for quite some time already.
Finally got to it today, 2 months after the event. hehe...


-- The Beginning --
With the second Penang bridge estimated to complete in 2013, 
there's rumours that 2012 might be the last time marathon is held on the first Penang bridge.
I decided I have to get on the bridge, by foot, at least for once.

While I was procrastinating, J helped register for the fun run. 
As the day grew closer, I begin struggling each day with the thought to skip the run.
I have very bad stamina and dreaded long runs. >o<

Thanks to J again I participated in the end!~



-- The Day --
Had less than 2 hours sleep due to nervousness and woke up late.
Then we got stuck in a queue at the ferry terminal while trying to get on ferry by car.
Finally the queue moved and we manage to make a U turn and proceed to get on ferry by foot.
Then we got stuck in human queue. T_T

The long long queue...

View from ferry


Finally reached the Penang ferry terminal. 
What a relief to find that the shuttle for Penang Bridge Marathon is still running.


We were not the only ones late :p

Walking towards the starting point

Reached the starting point around 7.45am.
Many runners are already finishing.



"The miracle isn't that I finished.
The miracle is that I had the courage to start" - John Bingham
It is a miracle for me indeed :p

Now that we're not driving, it's good to be able to slow down and take a look around. 
There's actually a lot going on around.

Energetic crowd tempting us to climb over the "other side" from the gaps of the divider~


Aftermath from the run. Paper cups everywhere...

"The bridge sweeper"
Got sweeped off the bridge because it was already late. lol


Everywhere we looked there's exhausted runners...



End the run with a good breakfast (everything tasted delicious) and refreshing drink.
Glad I participated!~


Penang Bridge Marathon 2012 held on 18 Nov 2012.
Bridge closed from 1 am to 10 am.
Bridge run result: http://www.penangmarathon.gov.my/portal/


No comments:

Post a Comment